I'm Sophie, married to Simon and mum to Jeremiah (10), Isaac (8), Malachi (5), Ezekiel (3) and Zechariah (2). Also our 2 little ones in heaven, Eleanor (2005) and Elisha (2011).

Jeremiah has Autism.


Isaac has hypermobility syndrome/Ehlers Danlos type 3 and uses a wheelchair for anything other than very short distances.

Malachi has hypermobility and wears piedro boots to support his ankles

Ezekiel has a cleft palate, hydrocephalus, hypotonia and development delay

Zechariah was born with sepsis and has mild development delay.



Friday 27 April 2012

Isaac is 4

From this tiny newborn...

...To this 4 year old.


Still can't work out how to turn pictures round!  So much has happened in the last 4 years.  I have learnt to trust my motherly instinct, to feed a baby via nasogastric tube, to always bring a book to hospital appointments, to always bring a quilt when staying in hospital, that my husband can drive as fast as an ambulance, that a buggy with a 4 year old and a 1 year old in is heavy, that an adult with a baby on her lap can go very fast down the big blue slide at softplay, that I can cope with more than I think, that I can breastfeed a baby with low muscle tone, that portage is amazing, that Isaac can do most things with a bit of help.

While I was trawling through facebook to find my then and now photos I also found this one of Jeremiah aged 2 and Isaac aged 3 months.
They look so different but the expressions on their faces are the same as now.

In other news, Isaac has his school place at St Johns where Jeremiah goes.  We have 2 occupational therapists and no wheelchair assessment.  But we are slowly moving forward.  He is going to be in a class of 23 they think with 4-6 children who have special needs.  Jeremiah's year group has 16 children in so they will probably be split up into mixed age classes again.


No comments:

Post a Comment