I'm Sophie, married to Simon and mum to Jeremiah (10), Isaac (8), Malachi (5), Ezekiel (3) and Zechariah (2). Also our 2 little ones in heaven, Eleanor (2005) and Elisha (2011).

Jeremiah has Autism.


Isaac has hypermobility syndrome/Ehlers Danlos type 3 and uses a wheelchair for anything other than very short distances.

Malachi has hypermobility and wears piedro boots to support his ankles

Ezekiel has a cleft palate, hydrocephalus, hypotonia and development delay

Zechariah was born with sepsis and has mild development delay.



Tuesday 5 June 2012

Update on us

Thought I'd better do an update post as a lot has happened in the last few weeks.  On 11th May I got a phone call from exeter mobility centre asking me why we hadn't come to Isaac's appointment.  Somehow the letter had got lost in the post, argh.  On 12th May we had my birthday celebrations, going to a new park, cocktails in the garden and out for dinner.  Then we all came down with the hideous tummy bug that was going round the school so I spent my 30th birthday cleaning up puke.

Last week was the week of appointments.  On Monday we went to the GP who referred Isaac to the orthapeadic surgeon to try and sort out what shoes he can wear for PE.  Then we went to orthotics at the hospital where they said that Isaac's feet haven't grown so he doesn't need new piedro boots.  On tuesday Isaac did preschool in the morning while Malachi and I did breastfeeding group.  The health visitor had a good moan at me for postponing Isaac and Malachi's immunisations for later in the week.  In the afternoon we went to school to meet the occupational therapist, her student, the lady from the PIMS team and the school senco.  The occupational therapist was lovely and actually asked Isaac what he wanted which was nice.  She went round measuring everything and has ordered steps, grab rails and a toilet seat.

On Wednesday morning Isaac had his school induction meeting.  We heard the same speech from the head and the teacher that we heard when Jeremiah started and we were shown a short video of what I thought would be the current reception class but turned out to be Jeremiah's year group.  On Wednesday afternoon Isaac slept for 3 hours, absolutely shattered.  On thursday Isaac was meant to be at preschool but at 11:30 they phoned me up and asked me to collect him as he had fallen asleep.  So glad I postponed the immunisations.  On Friday we had a letter from exter mobility centre and Isaac's new appointment is on 11th June.  Isaac and I have already picked the wheelchair we would like.  I really hope they agree and I'm worried they will offer us a special needs buggy or nothing at all.  Isaac hates being "babied" because of his disabilities so he won't be happy if he has to go to school in a buggy.  If we get nothing I won't be able to leave the house once he grows out of the buggy we have.

This week is half term.  A chance to recharge our batteries and get some housework done before another busy week next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment