I'm Sophie, married to Simon and mum to Jeremiah (10), Isaac (8), Malachi (5), Ezekiel (3) and Zechariah (2). Also our 2 little ones in heaven, Eleanor (2005) and Elisha (2011).

Jeremiah has Autism.


Isaac has hypermobility syndrome/Ehlers Danlos type 3 and uses a wheelchair for anything other than very short distances.

Malachi has hypermobility and wears piedro boots to support his ankles

Ezekiel has a cleft palate, hydrocephalus, hypotonia and development delay

Zechariah was born with sepsis and has mild development delay.



Saturday 12 November 2011

Does anyone know?

How to comment on a blog?  Every time I try it says my account doesn't have access to make comments, even on my own blog.  Answers on a postcard please, or in a comment on this post.  If I reply you'll know I managed to work out how!

Jeremiah had his school photos done this week.  They are gorgeous.  He also went on a trip with his class across Wellington to the Methodist church.  This is one of the reasons I didn't become a teacher.  Because taking 26 4 and 5 year olds out would be my idea of a nightmare.  Still, everyone who went made it back in one piece and the teacher said they'd all been very good.

Isaac has had a good week.  On Sunday we had a jamming session together.  I held the guitar and did the chords while Isaac strummed.  The look of wonderment on his face when he realised he was playing a song was amazing.

Waitrose does this charity thing where you get a green token and you get a choice of 3 local charities to vote for.  You put your token in the box belonging to the charity you want to vote for and after a month or so they distribute some money between the 3 charities according to how many tokens are in each box.  We normally only go to Waitrose to use the loo but this month one of the chairities was the play therapy department at the hospital.  So we decided to go in, buy a cake and show our support.  Isaac went one step further and sat on top of the charity box telling everyone to put their token in the middle slot.  Anyone who didn't got a stern look and a "but the middle one is for the children at the hostital".  When the manager came and told him to get down he pulled his disabled rights card and said "I've got tired legs".  At this point I decided it was time to put him back in the buggy and go home.

Malachi is 10 months old today.  Still not crawling or even sitting but he is so happy and smiley.  He has 4 teeth and weighs 17lb 3oz which is on the 9th centile.  I am going to organise for him to have a session in the multi sensory room at TOG before Isaac leaves.  I think he will enjoy that, I know Isaac did when he was that age.

I got a phonecall from the genetics nurse this week.  She said that they were going to stop tyring to take blood from me and just look at Isaac's results which should come through in about 2 weeks.  She wasn't too hopeful about finding a link between Isaac's genetics and Malachi's though which I wish I'd known before letting Isaac have the blood test.  Also the geneticist has gone off sick and so our appointment will probably be in April next year which seems a long time away.

No comments:

Post a Comment