I'm Sophie, married to Simon and mum to Jeremiah (10), Isaac (8), Malachi (5), Ezekiel (3) and Zechariah (2). Also our 2 little ones in heaven, Eleanor (2005) and Elisha (2011).

Jeremiah has Autism.


Isaac has hypermobility syndrome/Ehlers Danlos type 3 and uses a wheelchair for anything other than very short distances.

Malachi has hypermobility and wears piedro boots to support his ankles

Ezekiel has a cleft palate, hydrocephalus, hypotonia and development delay

Zechariah was born with sepsis and has mild development delay.



Wednesday 28 November 2012

An update post

Just realised I haven't posted in nearly 3 weeks.  Isaac's school entry review went ok.  One of those meetings where we all agree nothing has changed so we carry on as we are and review again next year.  Malachi was very good although he was eyeing up the headmaster's fruit bowl and saying "nana" every so often.  Apparantly Jeremiah has been telling Isaac's teachers how to look after Isaac when he thinks they are doing it wrong.  I think this is sweet but I appreciate it must be driving Isaac's teachers crazy.

Children in need day came around again and we went to ASDA after school as usual so that Jeremiah could hug the man dressed up in a pudsey suit.  Isaac wasn't too keen though which led to the following conversation:

Isaac: I could be on children in need
Jeremiah: No you couldn't
Isaac: Yes I could, I've got a wheelchair
Jeremiah: Yes, but you're scared of Pudsey

I think Jeremiah had a point!

Yesterday Isaac, Malachi and I had our flu jabs.  Isaac went first as usual.  It was the usual trauma of  me picking him up and the nurse jabbing him ASAP.  Not very dignified but better than being in hospital with flu (again).  Oddly enough it was Malachi who calmed him down by not making a sound when he had his done, taking us all by surprise and stopping Isaac in his tracks.  Then I had mine and off we went to buy cake as is tradition after an appointment where needles are involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment