I'm Sophie, married to Simon and mum to Jeremiah (10), Isaac (8), Malachi (5), Ezekiel (3) and Zechariah (2). Also our 2 little ones in heaven, Eleanor (2005) and Elisha (2011).

Jeremiah has Autism.


Isaac has hypermobility syndrome/Ehlers Danlos type 3 and uses a wheelchair for anything other than very short distances.

Malachi has hypermobility and wears piedro boots to support his ankles

Ezekiel has a cleft palate, hydrocephalus, hypotonia and development delay

Zechariah was born with sepsis and has mild development delay.



Thursday 8 September 2011

Isaac at preschool and assorted ramblings

Isaac went off to preschool for the first time yesterday.  He was absolutely fine and went off to play like he'd been going for years.  This morning he took one step in the door and burst into tears.  Absolutely shattered.  I had a chat with the supervisor and we agreed that I would go and have a wander round town for 5-10 minutes and then phone them to see if he had settled.  When I phoned he was fine so I went home.  He'll be in bed early tonight I think, it's been a long week for him, and for all of us.  Thank goodness it's Friday tomorrow.

On Tuesday we went to breastfeeding group.  Apparantly there has been complaints from other mums about older children being at the group so they have stopped coming.  The health visitor has suggested that we have 2 groups, one for non-mobile babies and one for mobile babies, toddlers and babies with older siblings who come too.  Problem is I can't see them being able to find any peer supporters to run the group for non mobile babies if you have to have breastfed for 3 months at least to do the course (they prefer 6 months) and then you have to have childcare for your baby when he or she becomes mobile.  From a selfish point of view it's annoying for me because I had volunteerd to do the peer supporter course but I can't now because they need someone for the non mobile group and I have Isaac and hopefully Malachi will be on the move soon anyway.  Apart from that it was lovely to have some adult conversation again and 2 of the mums announced their pregnancies which was all very exciting and made me feel quite nostalgic although any hint of broodiness stopped when they started talking about morning sickness!

Yesterday after I'd taken Isaac to preschool I took the opportunity to get as much infatrini milk for Malachi as I could fit in the buggy.  I managed to get one box in Isaac's seat and 2 bags in the basket.  It's a good thing I thought of that as the pharmacy have said that I have to collect Malachi's medicines all in one go rather than in little bits at a time like I was doing.  After school we went to the after school club at the church which Jeremiah's school is attached to.  Parents stay and sit in the corner with tea and biscuits while the school aged children play games, do a craft activity and listen to a story.  The toddlers mostly chase each other round the church.  This time Jeremiah was old enough to do the activities without my help so I got to have a good gossip and a cuddle with my friend's baby girl.  Isaac came up to me while I was cuddling the baby and he said in a loud whisper "mummy, you've got the wrong baby"

Like I said, it's been a long week and it's not over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment