I'm Sophie, married to Simon and mum to Jeremiah (10), Isaac (8), Malachi (5), Ezekiel (3) and Zechariah (2). Also our 2 little ones in heaven, Eleanor (2005) and Elisha (2011).

Jeremiah has Autism.


Isaac has hypermobility syndrome/Ehlers Danlos type 3 and uses a wheelchair for anything other than very short distances.

Malachi has hypermobility and wears piedro boots to support his ankles

Ezekiel has a cleft palate, hydrocephalus, hypotonia and development delay

Zechariah was born with sepsis and has mild development delay.



Friday 23 September 2011

Malachi's first tooth

Well as the title says, Malachi has a tooth.  Or to be more accurate, Malachi has a tiny white speck!  I've been trying to photograph those last gummy smiles before it comes through properly but he is keeping his mouth firmly shut whenever I get the camera out.  I did manage to catch Isaac and Malachi having snuggle time though.

They do this quite a lot but I've never managed to get a photo before.  All three of them get on really well mostly and Jeremiah and Isaac love giving Malachi cuddles and singing to him which is lovely.  We're having a quiet day today.  Getting on with the housework and playing with the little ones.  I've noticed that Isaac will play quietly for ages with Malachi when it's just the 2 of them at home but as soon as Jeremiah gets home he suddenly gets more lively and wants to join in with whatever Jeremiah is doing.

We still haven't had the forms for the chromasone testing yet.  I just want to get it over with now, preferably when Simon is off work so he can come for moral support.  I phoned Nicola yesterday and she is going to chase them up for me.

It's been a fairly quiet week this week, but then I think we've needed it.  Wellington Carnival tomorrow which should be fun.  There is always a big party atmosphere while we wait for it to start.  I wonder what Malachi will think of it.  He loves music but it can be a bit loud.  I think Isaac will appreciate it more this year now that he's a bit older.  We've got folding chairs this time so no more standing around.


No comments:

Post a Comment