I'm Sophie, married to Simon and mum to Jeremiah (10), Isaac (8), Malachi (5), Ezekiel (3) and Zechariah (2). Also our 2 little ones in heaven, Eleanor (2005) and Elisha (2011).

Jeremiah has Autism.


Isaac has hypermobility syndrome/Ehlers Danlos type 3 and uses a wheelchair for anything other than very short distances.

Malachi has hypermobility and wears piedro boots to support his ankles

Ezekiel has a cleft palate, hydrocephalus, hypotonia and development delay

Zechariah was born with sepsis and has mild development delay.



Monday 10 October 2011

Jeremiah's special award

Jeremiah got the special award cup at school on friday.  Simon and I went to watch him get it in assembly.  When the teacher announced his name there was a big gasp and spontaneous applause, the teacher had to tell them to stop clapping!

Malachi has a cold.  Which means he is puking a lot.  I rang Nicola's secretary to see if he needs his medication increasing again or if we should wait it out.  I put him on the scales at the children's centre today when we were in for the baby group and he was 7.4kg so still following the line between the 2nd and 9th centile.

I had another attempt at getting my blood taken on friday.  It was not a success.  I have to make an appointment at the dr surgery for another go.

Tomorrow Isaac has an appointment with surgical orthotics to be fitted for new piedro boots.  I was chatting to another mum at the school gates today and she said that if I'm ever stuck at the hospital she is happy to pick up Jeremiah from school for me.  It's so hard to make friends with people when you see them most days but only for 5 minutes or so.  I feel like I'm getting there now though.

Two more weeks until half term.  And the tumble dryer man is coming!  I'm very excited which is a bit sad really.

No comments:

Post a Comment