I'm Sophie, married to Simon and mum to Jeremiah (10), Isaac (8), Malachi (5), Ezekiel (3) and Zechariah (2). Also our 2 little ones in heaven, Eleanor (2005) and Elisha (2011).

Jeremiah has Autism.


Isaac has hypermobility syndrome/Ehlers Danlos type 3 and uses a wheelchair for anything other than very short distances.

Malachi has hypermobility and wears piedro boots to support his ankles

Ezekiel has a cleft palate, hydrocephalus, hypotonia and development delay

Zechariah was born with sepsis and has mild development delay.



Wednesday 26 October 2011

Oh tumbledryer I've missed you

My tumble dryer is fixed!  I've been catching up on the piles of washing that has been building up since the weather has been bad.  The man from medequip came to take away Isaac's highchair so we no longer have any special needs eqipment in the house.  Isaac proudly told the delivery man that he didn't need it anymore, so cute.

The highchair

Isaac waving goodbye to the highchair

The blood test on Monday was a disaster.  She tried 4 times but couldn't get it.  She got 1ml but that wasn't enough.  She asked me to go to the oncology department to get the rest as she thought they would be good at getting it as people who have cancer often have bad veins but by then I was bruised, the children were fed up and we were all soaking wet from the rain so I said I would go home and ring the oncology department.  It was a good thing I did that because the oncology nurse said I couldn't be seen there without a GP referral and even then probably not as I'm not an oncology patient.  So I rang the GP surgery and the receptionist was saying that the nurse there could have a go but I said no, I only wanted someone who was really good at taking blood to do it as I'd had 10 failed attempts already.  So the receptionist said she would get the GP to ring me the next morning.  The GP rang yesterday and she is going to talk to Nicola and ask her to persuade someone at the oncology department to do it.  I should hear from them by the end of the week.

Malachi in his new cardigan

Jeremiah with his special award cup

Jeremiah in the lego shop in Cardiff

Jeremiah and Malachi fell asleep holding hands

No comments:

Post a Comment