I'm Sophie, married to Simon and mum to Jeremiah (10), Isaac (8), Malachi (5), Ezekiel (3) and Zechariah (2). Also our 2 little ones in heaven, Eleanor (2005) and Elisha (2011).

Jeremiah has Autism.


Isaac has hypermobility syndrome/Ehlers Danlos type 3 and uses a wheelchair for anything other than very short distances.

Malachi has hypermobility and wears piedro boots to support his ankles

Ezekiel has a cleft palate, hydrocephalus, hypotonia and development delay

Zechariah was born with sepsis and has mild development delay.



Friday 14 October 2011

Update on the breastfeeding group saga

This tuesday was the relaunch of the breastfeeding group.  I went to the childrens centre in the afternoon for the time to chat group and the staff there said there were loads of mums and babies there.  So no chance of the health visitors ringing me and begging me to come back then.  On wednesday I swallowed my pride and went to Isaac's preschool to ask if I could change his days so that I can go to the breastfeeding group with Malachi while Isaac is at pre-school.  On the way I met one of the peer supporters and we had a bit of a chat.  She said that all the other people who had been thrown out weren't happy about it either which was comforting to know as I thought it was just me.  The peer supporters in particular have made a big effort running the group.  The preschool were fine with me changing Isaac's days so I will be back at the breastfeeding group after half term.

I went to see the health visitor and she said that it had been decided that the group will be for mums with babies under one year only, regardless of how mobile they are.  So Malachi and I will be out on our ears again in January.  Apparantly seeing mums successfully breastfeeding babies over a year old will make the mums struggling feel inadequate.  I will carry on going to the breastfeeding group until we are chucked out again but I won't be getting there early to set up or staying late to pack away and wash up.

No comments:

Post a Comment