I'm Sophie, married to Simon and mum to Jeremiah (10), Isaac (8), Malachi (5), Ezekiel (3) and Zechariah (2). Also our 2 little ones in heaven, Eleanor (2005) and Elisha (2011).

Jeremiah has Autism.


Isaac has hypermobility syndrome/Ehlers Danlos type 3 and uses a wheelchair for anything other than very short distances.

Malachi has hypermobility and wears piedro boots to support his ankles

Ezekiel has a cleft palate, hydrocephalus, hypotonia and development delay

Zechariah was born with sepsis and has mild development delay.



Friday 27 January 2012

Update on us

Malachi had his appointment with Nicola on Tuesday.  We were a bit late due to 2 double decker buses coming along one after the other.  I'd already dragged Isaac, Malachi, the folded buggy, handbag and changing bag onto a double decker bus once that day so I decided to take the chance that Nicola was running late.  Malachi was weighed (7.4kg) and measured (67.9cm).  Nicola was running late but I didn't mind that as I know she doesn't rush people when they have questions.  Also there is so much for the children to do in the waiting room.

It looks like Malachi had lost that weight and reducing the infatrini was a bit premature.  But increasing the infatrini again seems to be helping which is good so no need to panic about his weight.  He is also being referred for more intensive physio.  No news on Isaac's blood results yet.

Jeremiah got a certificate this week which was awarded at the church.  We sat at the back near the aisle so we could get a good view of the children coming in.  Jeremiah waved as usual and Isaac waved at Jeremiah and a couple of the other children who he knows as well.  I don't know why but I always get a bit emotional when I see the children walking in crocodile fashion from the school to the church.  The Headmaster first, then Haslett class, with two of them carrying the school flag.  Jeremiah's class (Newnham) is always right at the end as they are the youngest.  I think I'll need to take tissues with me the first time I watch Isaac walk to the church with the rest of his class.  Hopefully he will make it without falling over.

No comments:

Post a Comment