I'm Sophie, married to Simon and mum to Jeremiah (10), Isaac (8), Malachi (5), Ezekiel (3) and Zechariah (2). Also our 2 little ones in heaven, Eleanor (2005) and Elisha (2011).

Jeremiah has Autism.


Isaac has hypermobility syndrome/Ehlers Danlos type 3 and uses a wheelchair for anything other than very short distances.

Malachi has hypermobility and wears piedro boots to support his ankles

Ezekiel has a cleft palate, hydrocephalus, hypotonia and development delay

Zechariah was born with sepsis and has mild development delay.



Monday 17 September 2012

Children's television when I was young

Jeremiah wanted to know what I watched on television when I was young.  After a bit of searching on youtube we discovered some videos of old children's television programmes.  Jeremiah and Isaac loved fun house and banana man.  I was trying to explain to Jeremiah that when I watched fun house we didn't have soft play but he gave me that look that makes me feel like a dinosoar.

Malachi has got a cold and he is really wheezy again.  He isn't as bad as last time, probably because I started him on his inhaler as soon as the wheezing started rather than dithering and then waiting for a GP appointment.  I think he will probably get an asthma diagnosis at some point.  Partly because Ehlers Danlos Syndrome affects his core muscles and partly because Simon and I both have it.

Isaac will be going to school 9-1 this week and next week.  Hopefully he will manage the extra hour ok.  He has been very tired but he is determined to walk as much as possible.  We take the wheelchair with us everywhere just in case and on most journeys he will get in for a rest at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment