I'm Sophie, married to Simon and mum to Jeremiah (10), Isaac (8), Malachi (5), Ezekiel (3) and Zechariah (2). Also our 2 little ones in heaven, Eleanor (2005) and Elisha (2011).

Jeremiah has Autism.


Isaac has hypermobility syndrome/Ehlers Danlos type 3 and uses a wheelchair for anything other than very short distances.

Malachi has hypermobility and wears piedro boots to support his ankles

Ezekiel has a cleft palate, hydrocephalus, hypotonia and development delay

Zechariah was born with sepsis and has mild development delay.



Saturday 22 June 2013

Jeremiah's due date

Sometimes I acknowledge this day and sometimes I don't.  Well actually it was yesterday but Simon was on the computer yesterday evening when I remembered what day it was.  7 years ago I was 40 weeks and 1 day pregnant with Jeremiah.  I'd been in latent labour for a while by then, nearly 2 weeks I think. 

With Eleanor and Elisha, their due dates seem so important because they are their "should have been" birthdays.  With Ezekiel, his due date will be used on growth charts and for his operation dates for the first year of his life.  He will have 2 ages, his actual age, based on his date of birth and his corrected age, based on his due date.

For Jeremiah, Isaac and Malachi, their due dates don't seem to matter at all.  I never expected them to come on their due dates and none of them did.  Although Malachi came fairly close, arriving at 40+2.

Recently I was talking about due dates with Jeremiah.  I was trying to explain to him that Ezekiel was unlikely to come on his due date (didn't think he'd be that far off though!) and telling him when he, Isaac and Malachi were born.  He was shocked that he was born at 11 days past his due date and very impressed that Malachi was only 2 days past his.

No comments:

Post a Comment