I'm Sophie, married to Simon and mum to Jeremiah (10), Isaac (8), Malachi (5), Ezekiel (3) and Zechariah (2). Also our 2 little ones in heaven, Eleanor (2005) and Elisha (2011).

Jeremiah has Autism.


Isaac has hypermobility syndrome/Ehlers Danlos type 3 and uses a wheelchair for anything other than very short distances.

Malachi has hypermobility and wears piedro boots to support his ankles

Ezekiel has a cleft palate, hydrocephalus, hypotonia and development delay

Zechariah was born with sepsis and has mild development delay.



Saturday 4 August 2012

My new ergo is here!

So after a lot of dithering I finally bought an ergo baby carrier in a very fetching shade of cranberry.  It arrived today and I've been having fun trying it out.  According to the instructions the weight limit is 20kg which means technically I could carry Jeremiah and Isaac in it.  I did try it with Isaac in but it was so low round his back that I decided not to try Jeremiah in it.

Malachi loves it and he feels so much lighter in it than he did in the 2nd hand mothercare one.  I think it will be more comfortable with him on my back but I'm not brave enough to try that yet.

2 comments:

  1. Huray for new Ergos!! How heavy is Malachi in pounds? I tried wearing Elliott on the front but it's pretty uncomfortable with the bump so he's on my back, it's great how you barely feel their weight. Another great plus is that Kieran loves it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malachi weighs 19lb 4oz. I'm worried he'll try to escape and end up falling out if I put him on my back. Although I used to carry Jeremiah on my back in a wrap sling while I was pregnant with Isaac and he never tried to climb out. I'll have to have a practice while standing next to the sofa just in case!

    ReplyDelete