I'm Sophie, married to Simon and mum to Jeremiah (10), Isaac (8), Malachi (5), Ezekiel (3) and Zechariah (2). Also our 2 little ones in heaven, Eleanor (2005) and Elisha (2011).

Jeremiah has Autism.


Isaac has hypermobility syndrome/Ehlers Danlos type 3 and uses a wheelchair for anything other than very short distances.

Malachi has hypermobility and wears piedro boots to support his ankles

Ezekiel has a cleft palate, hydrocephalus, hypotonia and development delay

Zechariah was born with sepsis and has mild development delay.



Sunday 19 August 2012

Playing quidditch

Well, the 4th week of the holidays has gone and we have mostly been playing quidditch in the garden.  Everyone riding on brooms, mops, toy golf clubs etc.  Trying to get the football (quaffle) in the trampoline net while also trying to find the bouncy ball (snitch) in the grass.  It has mostly been just me, Jeremiah and Isaac playing but today I sat Malachi on a broom and ran around with him and he was shrieking with excitement so I must make sure I help him play again next time.  Simon's Dad also played and spent some time moving the snitch around which make it more fun as the games were lasting longer and more chance to score goals.




Yesterday Simon, his dad, Jeremiah and Isaac went on a 6 mile hike.  Simon spent most of the time trying to get the wheelchair through the mud and I had to clean the wheelchair afterwards but I'm glad Isaac was able to be included.  Today on the radio they were talking about the paralympics and someone mentioned wheelchair rugby so I think I got off lightly.  I wouldn't want to clean a rugby players wheelchair!

No comments:

Post a Comment